Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Big in Japan 2: Electric Blogaloo

I was all prepared to rant today about Steve McClaren's supposed decision to switch to a 4-3-3 formation against Russia tomorrow, for the sole purpose of shoehorning Frank Lampard back into the lineup, and what an absolutely boneheaded idea that was. But now it seems that he's decided to not be a complete moron and stick with the 4-4-2 that's been working for them up till now, so you've been spared.

Instead, I will tell you that OleOle is once again running a contest to send two bloggers to Tokyo for the Club World Cup in December. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to enter again this year, but if any of y'all are considering it, I'd encourage you to go for it, because it's a fantastic opportunity.

Also, the mention of the contest made me look back at my old entries, and I realized that I'd missed the two-year anniversary of this blog last weekend. (And two years ago, I was still pontificating about England and why Gerrard and Lampard can't play together. Plus ça change...)

1 comment:

Graham Sibley said...

Congratulations - the first preview about this afternoon's match that talks about selection and formation without once mentioning the pitch.

This alone would probably sway my vote if you were to enter again - I'll try not to presume your reticence is in any way a lack of desire to go again

Well done on your two years.