Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A few thoughts on Manchester v. Fulham

1. Even though they only won 2-0, this game was sort of a "fuck you" from United to Arsenal. Just a little reminder that they can slice teams to shreds too, when they feel like it.

2. Like a lot of other people, I think that Cristiano Ronaldo is suffering from his reputation as a diver and not always getting the calls he should, even though he's largely reformed now. But I'm not all that upset about it, because maybe this will make other players think twice about pulling the same sort of stuff that he used to. (Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind if one of those bad calls results in United not winning a game. I'm fickle that way.)

3. Speaking of Ronaldo, he seems to have developed one of the smuggest goal celebrations in the Premiership. It's right up there with Frank Lampard in terms of inspiring in viewers the desire to punch him in the face.

No comments: