Friday, August 10, 2007

Oh, thank god it's August

That means the Premiership starts tomorrow. It kind of snuck up on me, actually; I think I was lulled into a daze by all the asinine transfer sagas and meaningless friendlies against teams from China that nobody's ever heard of.

Anyway, with my usual impeccable sense of timing, I am off to play in an out-of-town tournament all weekend, which means I'll have to wait to find out if United starts the season by steamrolling over some hapless mid-table team, or whether Rafa Benitez's New! Improved! Now With 50% Less Sulking From Steven Gerrard! Liverpool are actually able to score away from Anfield this year.

In the meantime, I leave you with my half-assed attempt to predict the league table this year (one part guesstimate, one part wishful thinking, and one part beer):

1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Aston Villa
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Portsmouth
10. Blackburn
11. West Ham
12. Manchester City
13. Bolton
14. Reading
15. Middlesbrough
16. Sunderland
17. Fulham
18. Birmingham
19. Wigan
20. Derby

Feel free to point, laugh, suggest more beer, etc., as appropriate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog - I do think Arsenal will end up lower than fourth though as they've had too many changes this transfer season.
Check out Kickette.com sometime (no it's not mine and no it's not spam or scary or viral) but it's fun to look at!